Saturday, August 15, 2009

unexpected gems


Yesterday afternoon I stepped onto the tarmac of Istanbul's Atatürk International Airport. I deeply miss San Francisco, but I am thrilled to be back home. I have loads of unpacking and settling in to do, so the next few posts will be a kind of a continuation of my American Holiday.

On Wednesday, I explored a forest with Rebecca in New Hampshire. What I love about most about forests are all the hidden gems, easily missed when not paying attention. I am drawn to the colours and shapes of lichen and fungus, the near-perfect symmetry of a fern, the delicate structures of the little creatures that scurry around the fallen and rotting leaves.

2 comments:

Chris Menice said...

Super photos. I love that places like this still exist.

szaza said...

Thanks Chris!