Monday, September 19, 2011

a little update



Thankfully, everyone at both Shree Mangal Dvip and the monastery have not been affected by the 6.9 magnitude earthquake in Sikkim. 

So I've been back in Istanbul for a little over a month now, busy as a bee with oh so many things (as I am sure you've noticed by the long silence on this end). I managed to get into the rhythm of life here a little better, though I miss Nepal. I finally got a cooker and a fridge for my apartment, and I've been cooking dal bhat and burning the Tibetan incense that Lama S.T. and Lama P. gave me, to take me back to summer.

I've even started drawing again.

2 comments:

Anna Denise said...

I am glad your loved ones are ok. And I'm glad you've started drawing again. I recognize that sweet aching for a faraway place that made you feel like you were home. I don't know if it goes away. It hasn't for me. Lots of love from Brussels. X Anna

szaza said...

Thanks so much, sweetie!

It feels amazing to be drawing again, I have missed it so much, and I felt like a piece of me had withered.

Lots of love from Istanbul!