Tuesday, August 10, 2010
...and i drew
1. Waiting in Istanbul's Atatürk airport, caffeinated excitement and nerves, finger-painting with the deep browns of my Turkish coffee.
2. Enjoying a Tibetan omelette and black tea at Flavours Café, in a state of marvel and disbelief— am I really here?
3. Fixated on the unblinking eyes of Buddha on Boudhanath stupa, wondering if I'll be so lucky to see the Himalaya with such heavy monsoon clouds.
4. Gazing out the window of my new home, Ngudrup Guesthouse, over a steaming bowl of grey porridge and a black coffee in Ngudrup's restaurant.
5. The rain comes down as I fumble with a rubbing of an ancient plaque on a temple in Patan Durbar Square, amidst the curious stares of passer-bys.
6. Squeezing out a three minute sketch in between rain bursts.