Thursday, September 30, 2010

the beeb

Imagine my surprise when in my morning mental fog, I scroll down the BBC News front page to see this:




 That's my shoe!
 



I had to rub my eyes and make sure I wasn't imagining things while half-asleep, but sure enough, my Fluevog Mini Zazas were featured in an article about crowdsourcing— and because I had absolutely no idea this piece had been written, I nearly fell on the floor! You can read this fascinating article about the latest trend in marketing on the BBC News website.

If you've got an idea for a fabulous shoe floating around in your head, why not submit your design to Fluevog's Open Source Footwear. Who knows? Your shoe might become a reality too!

Wow, BBC News. How cool is that?

7 comments:

barbara said...

Wow, what a happy surprise for you - and it's the most popular too!

I'm not a shoe person particularly but I have 2 daughters who would love that design!

I like that it's a Canadian company because that's my country of choice 8-)

Barbara

Unknown said...

What a lovely surprise. Congratulations.

szaza said...

Thanks Barbara and Sue!
I'm over the moon.

uha1 said...

lol.. that is funny.

I had the habit of following bbc/eu news everyday too. But I felt that it was such an insult to myself; stopped.

szaza said...

Ok...

Reese said...

Just checked out the shoes. That was a "wow" design! Totally blew my mind. It's classic yet fun. I'd have bought one if I am working at the moment:)

Reese

szaza said...

Thanks so much, Reese!